Graphic Designer - Wedding and Party Invitation Sales
The perfect candidate would possess the drive to be an effective part of growing the print and stationery business, while prioritizing daily duties, sending proofs to customers, and placing orders. The person for this position would enjoy helping customers and understand working with a sense of urgency to get the tasks at hand completed. An innate ability to multi task is a must. The job requires a person to have a positive outlook and demeanor at all times.
• Work on multiple projects at once, and consistently meet draft deadlines
• Set up customer artwork and copy to order specifications on production proofs
• Communicate clearly and effectively with customers, both verbally and in writing
• Other duties as requested
The ideal candidate will:
• Have a passion for paper and fine stationery
• Be able to design quickly and efficiently within established templates
• Demonstrate strong attention to detail
• Be proficient in spelling, proper grammar, etiquette, and proofreading
• Possess strong math skills, including units of measure
• Effectively manage multiple areas of responsibility while maintaining timelines
• Successfully work independently as well as with a team
• Welcome direction as well as demonstrate self-motivation
• Exhibit solid organizational abilities and habits
• Embrace a customer service mindset: strive to serve the customer in all interactions
• Be excited to constantly improve and adapt with changing capabilities
• Have experience in the Stationery Industry
• Have experience in the Wedding Industry, like basic knowledge etiquette and current trends
• Associates Degree or greater in Graphic Design and/or commensurate experience in the Stationery Industry or Print Production
• 1+ years of experience
• Proficiency in MAC OS
• Strong proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel/Numbers and Word/Pages
• Ability to take direction and constructive feedback and produce alternative design solutions
Hourly + Commission
Physical hours in store for consultation appointments. Design work can be done remotely. Estimate about 20 hours per week of work. Schedule will be fairly flexible, but Saturday afternoon appointment times will be required.
HOW TO APPLY:
Email resume and portfolio of relevant design work to email@example.com.
Qualified candidates will be contacted to schedule an interview. Please do not contact the store employees to inquire about this position.